Prince Andrew was spotted leaving his granddaughter Sienna’s christening in his £220,000 Bentley with a personalized DOY plate on Friday.
The Duke of York, 62, attended the service at St James’s Palace’s Chapel Royal in London, alongside around a dozen friends of Princess Beatrice and her husband Edo Mapelli Mozzi, 38, reported The Sun.
A source said: ‘It was a private family event,’ for seven-month-old Sienna. However, Her Majesty, 96, was thought to be absent from the ceremony as she held two virtual audiences from Windsor Castle.
Andrew, who was joined at the service by his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, 62, drove his racing-green 200mph Bentley Flying Spur from Windsor to London.
It comes after the Queen’s disgraced son was stripped of his Freedom of York by councilors in the city on Wednesday evening, amid further calls for him to have his dukedom removed.
Prince Andrew was spotted leaving his granddaughter Sienna’s christening in his £220,000 Bentley with a personalized DOY plate on Friday
Andrew, who was joined at the service by his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, 62, drove his racing-green 200mph Bentley Flying Spur (pictured) from Windsor to London
The luxury motor, which was blue when first delivered in September 2020, replaced Andrew’s previous Bentley Continental GT, in the same driving-green colour.
Depending on the year it was first purchased, the old motor could have been sold for upwards of £130,000 second hand.
It is unclear what happens to cars belonging to members of the Firm when the owner is ready to sell.
In 2019, a Mulsanne owned and used by the Queen was returned to Bentley, where features such as police lights and security communication devices were removed, and the registration number changed before being sold by a private dealership.
Andrew missed the birth of Sienna in September because he was staying put in Balmoral, while the lawyers for American accuser Virginia Giuffre tried to serve him with legal papers in person.
The sighting of Prince Andrew comes after he helped the Queen to her seat during an emotional service of Thanksgiving for the Duke of Edinburgh on March 29 at Westminster Abbey.
Princess Beatrice (pictured in Sweden on Wednesday) had a ‘private family christening’ for her seven-month-old daughter Sienna at St James’s Palace on Friday, it has emerged
Princess Beatrice, second right and Edo Mappelli Mozzi, 38, were joined by a dozen of friends and loved ones for the event. Earlier this week, they traveled to Sweden where they met with Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia
The Duke of York has made himself scarce since he agreed to pay Virginia Giuffre an estimated £7million to settle her sexual abuse lawsuit against him without accepting liability.
Meanwhile, it has been reported that the Queen won’t strip her son of the title that she gave him over 30 years ago in 1986, royal sources have claimed.
It came after councilors voted to strip the Duke of York of his freedom of that city and called for him to have his dukedom removed.
The prince was branded ‘an utter disgrace’ during the extraordinary meeting to debate his Freedom of the City honour, which was awarded to him in 1987.
After discussing the motion for around half an hour, councilors unanimously voted to strip him of the title.
His continued clinging to the title Duke of York was described as as ‘stain’ on the city and councilors are now calling on the Queen, Palace or government to step in and strip him of the title if he refuses ‘to do the right thing’ and resign.
It is believed Sienna, who was born in September, was christened at the palace’s Chapel Royal like her Cambridge cousins. Pictured, the photo released following her birth showing her footprints
The council also noted objections from the public calling for the prince to be banned from attending horse racing events in the city. Another said he should be referred to as ‘Andrew Windsor’ in the future.
A source told the Mirror: ‘The Queen certainly will not take any further action in that regard.
‘The Duke of York has stepped back from public life and already had a range of titles and associations removed and Her Majesty’s position has not deviated from that.’
Andrew had been warned in advance that he would be losing the freedom of the city, an honor bestowed on him on February 23, 1987, as a wedding gift to Sarah Ferguson.
He is the first person ever to have the Freedom of the City removed, councilors were told. There were two formal abstentions – from the Lord Mayor and Lord Mayor elect.
Lib Dem Darryl Smalley, City of York Council’s executive member for culture, leisure & communities proposed the motion and said he should also now lose the Duke of York title.
Jack Brooksbank, Princess Eugenie, Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi attend the Memorial Service For The Duke Of Edinburgh at Westminster Abbey on March 29, 2022 in London
He said: ‘The Honorary Freedom of York is the highest honor we, as a city, can bestow on those who represent the very best of York. The honor is held by many notable and accomplished people who carry it with pride and responsibly.
‘Having been stripped of his military roles and royal patronages by the Queen, we believe that it is right to remove all links that Prince Andrew still has with our great city.
‘I was pleased to see councilors of all parties support this motion and make it clear that it is no longer appropriate for Prince Andrew to represent York and its residents.
‘The removal of this honorary title sends the right message that we as a city stand with victims of abuse. The next logical step is now for Prince Andrew to do the right thing and relinquish his Duke of York title.
‘If he fails to do so, the Government and Buckingham Palace must step in to remove his title to finally end Prince Andrew’s connection to York.’
It follows a slew of authorities, institutions, schools and even golf clubs, which have all sought to distance themselves from the disgraced duke since he settled his civil case with Jeffrey Epstein sex trafficking victim Virginia Giuffre.
In the wake of the case, which was settled in February, the 62-year-old was also stripped of his military roles and royal patronages and was told he would no longer be known as ‘His Royal Highness’.
Both Buckingham Palace and a spokesperson for the Duke of York declined to comment.
York City Council considered the motion: ‘The Council resolves that, pursuant to Section 249 of the Local Government Act 1972, the City of York Council withdraws the Honorary Freeman of the City status from the Duke of York which was conferred upon him in 1987. ‘